To print the Gateway to College Application, click here.
Submit your application now, space is limited! The first day of school will be August 14, 2017.
Prospective Gateway to College Academy (GtC) students must meet the following eligibility requirements, per the GtC charter high school authorized through Petaluma City Schools:
- 16-20 years old
- Resident of the state of California
- Students who are still enrolled in a high school are eligible for GtC
- Individuals who have stopped attending high school are eligible (i.e. "dropped out")
- Individuals who are in the process of completing a GED or have already completed a GED are eligible
- Students who have an Individualized Education Program (IEP) or 504 Plan are eligible
STEP 1: SUBMIT A REQUEST FOR ADMISSION
Complete and submit all required documents, including:
- GtC Request for Admission Form
- High school transcripts (unofficial copies will be accepted)
- Consent to Release Confidential Information Form (If under the age of 18, a parent or guardian signature is also required)
Send all application materials to:
Atten: Gateway to College
Kathleen Doyle Hall, Room 236
680 Sonoma Mountain Parkway
Petaluma, CA 94954
Upon receiving an application package, an e-mail confirmation of receipt will be sent with further details.
STEP 2: ATTEND AN ORIENTATION
Spring 2017 Orientations for fall enrollment dates:
- Wednesday, March 15, 2017 6:00PM, Kathleen Doyle Hall room 241
- Wednesday, April 12, 2017 6:00PM, Kathleen Doyle Hall room 241
- Wednesday, May 3, 2017 6:00PM, Kathleen Doyle Hall room 241
At the orientation, participants will:
- Receive detailed information regarding the GtC Academy & program, including class schedule, how long it takes to graduate, and the expectations and benefits of the program
- Meet GtC staff, instructors, and students
- Have the opportunity to ask questions about the program
- Receive and/or submit a Request for Admission
STEP 3: NOTIFICATION
Applicants will be notified beginning April 1st whether they have been admitted to Gateway to College Academy for the fall 2017 semester. If space permits, students will continue to be admitted until August 1, 2017.
Once an applicant has been accepted, they will continue the following admissions steps to transition into the Early College High School program. Information gathered through these steps will also help inform the student support team of recommended resources and services to include in each student's success plan.
POST ADMISSION EVENT: ATTEND A STEPS TO SUCCESS DAY
Each Steps to Success Day is scheduled from 9:00AM-4:00PM and includes lunch. During this pre-scheduled session prospective students complete the following steps:
- California Community College (CCC) Application
- SRJC online orientation
- SRJC English assessment
- Meet other GtC students and participate in group activities
- Individual informational interview
Notes Regarding the Individual Interview
This is a chance to get to meet the Director and ask questions about the program, your class schedule, school policies, and/or anything else you'd like to know to prepare for the start of school and your overall experience. Interviews will be held with the director at the end of your Steps to Success Day and you can expect it to take about 20-30 minutes.
POST ADMISSION ASSIGNMENT: PERSONAL ESSAY
This is our chance to get to know each prospective student and learn more about strengths, past challenges, and motivation. Your essay prompt and directions will be provided to you after you are admitted into GtC.