Submit your application now, space is limited! The first day of school will be January 8, 2018.
Prospective Gateway to College Academy (GtC) students must meet the following eligibility requirements, per the GtC charter authorized through LEA Petaluma City Schools:
- 16-20 years old
- Resident of the state of California
- Students who are still enrolled in a high school are eligible for GtC
- Individuals who have stopped attending high school are eligible (i.e. "dropped out")
- Individuals who are in the process of completing a GED or have already completed a GED or CHSPE are eligible
- Students who have an Individualized Education Program (IEP) or 504 Plan are eligible and require a Transitional Meeting prior to enrollment
STEP 1: SUBMIT A REQUEST FOR ADMISSION
Complete and submit all required documents, including:
- GtC Request for Admission Form
- High school transcripts (unofficial copies will be accepted)
Send all application materials to:
Atten: Gateway to College
Kathleen Doyle Hall, Room 236
680 Sonoma Mountain Parkway
Petaluma, CA 94954
Upon receiving an application package, an e-mail confirmation of receipt will be sent with further details.
STEP 2: ATTEND AN ORIENTATION
Spring 2017 Orientations for fall 2018 enrollment:
- Tuesday, March 13, 2018
- Wednesday, April 11, 2018
- Thursday, May 3, 2018
Contact us to schedule an informational session at your school or organization, or to schedule an individual meeting at your convenience! Call (707) 778-3631 or e-mail Gateway@santarosa.edu.
At the orientation, participants will:
- Receive detailed information regarding the GtC Academy & program, including class schedule, how long it takes to graduate, and the expectations and benefits of the program
- Meet GtC staff, instructors, and students
- Have the opportunity to ask questions about the program
- Receive and/or submit a Request for Admission
STEP 3: NOTIFICATION
Applicants will be notified beginning May 1, 2018 whether they have been admitted to Gateway to College Academy for the fall 2018 semester. If space permits, students will continue to be admitted until August 13, 2018.
Once an applicant has been accepted, they will continue the following admissions steps to transition into the Early College High School program (including the enrollment packet). Information gathered through these steps will also help inform the student support team of recommended resources and services to include in each student's success plan.
POST ADMISSION EVENT: ATTEND A STEPS TO SUCCESS DAY
Each Steps to Success Day is scheduled from 10:00AM-4:00PM and includes lunch. During this pre-scheduled session prospective students complete the following steps:
- California Community College (CCC) Application (if not already completed)
- SRJC online orientation (if not already completed)
- Group activities with other GtC students and graduates
- Individual informational interview
Notes Regarding the Individual Interview
This is a chance to get to meet the Director and ask questions about the program, your class schedule, school policies, and/or anything else you'd like to know to prepare for the start of school and your overall experience. Interviews will be held with the director at the end of your Steps to Success Day and you can expect it to take about 20-30 minutes.